Monday, December 6, 2010

A Snowy Weekend...

My mom came up to visit this weekend, well actually she came to pick up Nana who has been staying with us. I think I forgot to mention that on the blog. You see the week before Thanksgiving my mom, Nana, and Bob's mom came for a visit. They were coming for my ultrasound. Sadly it was rescheduled but they decided to come anyway. We had a fabulous weekend and on Monday while they were getting ready to leave Nana fell. We took her to the ER where I work and she had multiple fractures to the ball of her humerus and dislocated her shoulder. Needless to say she was not going home. In fact she had surgery the next day. She has been recovering at our house the past few weeks. She is now doing much better.
Now that you are all caught up back to this weekend. Friday after I got off work I picked up dinner for mom, Nana, and I. We put up the Christmas tree, hung new bows( my wonderful dad made) on the wreaths and our tree. All this was done while of course watching Christmas movies.
(Our almost finished tree we just need to add our finishing touches)
 Overall a wonderful night. 
On Saturday we had a slight chance for snow flurries/ mix that night but there was to be no accumulation. Mom and I set out Saturday early afternoon and lo and behold the snow flurries started. It was not much of anything but it began to pick up as the first hour went on. We stopped to eat at Mexican restaurant and came out to see it sticking to cars, ground, trees, and was really coming down. As we continued to shop it continued to pick up, so much for no accumulation. It snowed for almost 5 hours. It was beautiful and I am glad my mom was able to see it. 
This is the beginning of the snow flurries
This is before we went into the restaurant

 This is when we came out

 It had come down alot in 45 minutes and just kept coming
 It made a beautiful winter wonderland


We did lots of fun shopping on Saturday at Carolina Pottery and Lowe's for Christmas decor and then we went shopping for the boys. Babies"R"us was our first stop were mom got some really cute outfits on clearance. We also looked a bedding and such, it was a blast! Next we went to Pottery Barn Kids, I LOVE that store. I actually bought a sweet hippo which plays sounds for for the boy's nursery. It play nature sounds, waterfalls, and womb sounds.  
I also took my mom to the Apple store, she had never been so she could play on an Ipad needless to say she made my dad a little jealous! Saturday night Bob was off so we all went to Olive Garden for a wonderful dinner to top off a great weekend. 
Outside our apartment after the Saturday snowfall
 Mom and Nana left Sunday and boy was the house quiet. It was very strange after having Nana stay with is these past few weeks. Izzy has been really sad she misses her buddy. She was the ultimate lap dog while Nana was here and even woke up today looking for her. We had a great snowy weekend and I really wish our family lived closer to us. 

2 comments:

  1. yo! you guys so got more snow than us! it's so pretty :) and i love your tree!!! and we miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you two so much!! Great pictures. Pretty Christmas tree. And yay, two baby boys! Be looking in the mail later this week. I've got a crazy week ahead, but I'm calling you early next week! Hope all is going well. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails