Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It is My Favorite Season

It is officially my favorite season. Yesterday was the first day of fall. Fall is a beautiful season. I love watching the leaves change from green to brilliant shades of orange, yellow, and red. I am so happy to finally be living in a part of the United States that has seasons. I love the smells of fall, nothing better than a fresh apple pie or pumpkin baking. Currently my home smells like a pumpkin spice candle. I am so excited about cooler weather, we have had a few tastes of it here in NC. I am so ready for it to be here to stay. One of my favorite memories of fall is from when my family lived in North Georgia. We would travel to an apple barn and get fresh bushels of apples and of course a fresh apple tart. Nothing better than an apple farm with fresh apples, apple cider, apple butter and more. Bob and I went to this same place in 2006. We went to the apple orchard got a fresh bushel and a peck of apples. Nothing better than fresh apples! I also love that this is the season to pick out pumpkins. Bob and I also went to Burt's Pumpkin farm, when we were in North Georgia, and hiked at Amicalola falls. I just love fall. So get ready for cooler days, and beautiful changes in God's creation!

These are some pictures from our 2006 trip:

Beautiful Leaves
The view from the top of the falls

Bob and I at the Pumpkin Farm

Some of the sights from our hike to the top of the falls
The view of the North Georgia Mountains


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails