Monday, August 30, 2010

Gardening




This summer I decide I would try my hand at a little gardening. My mother and grandmother are fabulous in this area, I was praying I inherited their green thumb. I used to hate it but now that I am older and I really wanted some pretty plants on our screened in porch. So I decided to give it a try and off to Lowes I went. I started off with a few ivy plants and geraniums. Then for our anniversary Bob bought me some impatients and a hydrangea plant (which is my favorite flower). I also planted some herbs which have been wonderful especially the sweet basil.
The geraniums and ivy
Impatients and ivy
Hydrangea
 

My escape is our screened in porch. We recently got some new chairs and I bought some fabric to make some pillows and such for the outdoor space. I can not wait for fall so that it is a little cooler and I can enjoy being out there longer than these hot days. For most of the summer these flowers were beautiful but sadly I think combined with the intense heat and possible overwatering they are not as pretty now but for a while I had my first little flower "garden". I really enjoyed my fist gardening expirience but sadly I am not sure I inherited the wonderful green thumb. We will see next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails