Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all



This is a very different Thanksgiving for us. We are 600 miles from our families and are unable to be celebrating today with them. However, I am very excited about this Thanksgiving for this is our 1st Thanksgiving as a married couple. I am excited as we start new traditions to be celebrated annually by us and one day our children. Above all this I am excited for today, because it is a day that is specifically set aside to give thanks. Thanks for salvation, my husband, our marriage, our families, sweet friends, a roof over our head, life, his job, provisions, our health, food on the table, and so much more. We have so much to be thankful for and all praise is unto God alone. Our menu is pretty exciting this year, it is my 1st Thanksgiving to cook. I made my everything from scratch. Last night Mr. Wonderful and I made my Grandma's dressing, homemade cornbread, squash casserole, candied pecans and pumpkin cheesecake. This morning the dressing and casserole are in the oven and I am making deviled eggs to take to lunch. We are having lunch with sweet friends then coming home to make herb and bacon roasted turkey breast, Nana's sweet potato crunch, Grandma's macaroni and cheese and by special request from one of our guests fried apple turnovers. Overall the makings for a wonderful Thanksgiving day. I hope y'all have a GREAT Thanksgiving. Remember to give thanks for all the blessings you have received this year and above all praise Him!
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails