Friday, July 17, 2009

Replacing The What Ifs....

First an update. I went to the doctor Wednesday. I got a great report I am allowed to increase my activity and it looks like the surgery consult is off the table. What a great God I serve; He is mighty to heal. I got my lab results back yesterday they were low which means we have to increase the blood thinners again and come back in 10 days. Overall things are improving, one day at a time. TO GOD ALONE BE THE GLORY! Now let me switch gears. I am just so excited about what the Lord is teaching me and wanted to share some of it. I love that His word brings a fresh word everyday. I find so much comfort and joy between the pages as it breathes life in me. Through my bible study I am learning a lot about things I dwell/meditate on. When it comes to what consumes my thoughts and heart number one would be my worries. When I say worries I mean the "what if's". "What if's" flood my day and take me captive over and over again. I find myself facing these daily, hourly and sometimes minutely such as: what if we cant pay our bills, what if I cant take my NCLEX for 2+ months, what if I can't get a job, and what if I never get better or what if it comes back? Let me tell you I can worry with the best of them. However, I found out that my "what if's" and worries had put me in a prison and like weeds they were choking the life out of me. In God's Word I found that He warns against dwelling on my worries, my "what if's", and every anxious thought. These things which I dwell on throughout my day were throwing me into a downward spiral of despair, just like Satan wanted. You see I allowed the evil one to control my mind, to encourage my "what ifs", and lost focus of Truth. Truth that replaces my "what if" with "what is". Truth that says He is Faithful and Provider. In Christ and Truth we find liberty. Instead of dwelling on my "what ifs" I am learning to place my thoughts in a new direction by dwelling on "what is" such as in Philippians 4:8. It tells me exactly what I should meditate on. It says, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." I must replace my what if's with truth and this truth comes from His word. You know the Lord knows our hearts and hears our every thought. He knows when the "what ifs" flood our day. He says cast your cares upon Him because He loves you (1 Peter 5:7). This week I especially found comfort in this verse-
"When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." Psalms 94:19
My "What is" is His truth, which He reveals in His word. They are things such as His timing is perfect, He never gives us more than we can handle, He knows our every need, and He is faithful. I am finding the more I learn and memorize scripture that when the "what if's" creep in I am able to repeat His promises("what is"). Take heart, don't let the "what if's" take control. Be encouraged no matter what you are going through He is by your side. "Behold, I with you ALWAYS" Matthew 28:20. The video below is of Tenth Avenue North: By Your Side. Listen to the words and be refreshed in His love for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails