Thursday, December 31, 2009

December Recap:

As the Holiday season draws to an end and a new year is dawning, I thought I would make up for my lack of blogging with a quick recap on the past month as promised. It has been pretty crazy around here. December has been a fantastic month. On the 111first day of the month we celebrated my sweet husbands birthday and my new job. I started work on the seventh. The first two weeks of my job I had orientation then on the nineteenth I began working on the floor. I was so nervous. Of course I spent the whole night before worrying and waiting for something bad to happen and it did. The night before I started work we got our first snow up here in NC, which was awesome, but somehow I left a light on in my car on accident and the battery died. Bob had already gone to work so he had to come home after buying a new battery and fix my car. I was 4forty-five minutes late, not an ideal start to my first day on the floor but everything turned out ok. My preceptor is fabulous and I could not ask for a better job. I really enjoying working in the Emergency Department. Ok so switching gears, do you remember a few posts ago when I was talking about Phantom of the Opera, well I went to see it with my friend Jess as part of my Christmas and it was absolutely fabulous. This year was our first Christmas together as a married couple. As Christmas approached Bob and I went out and got a real Christmas tree, no artificial ones here! We started Christmas traditions, like baking cookies together on Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve one gift exchange, and watching the Christmas classics. So Christmas was wonderful, we had Josh and Jess over for dinner. I made bacon and herb crusted turkey, dressing, macaroni and cheese, sweet potato crunch and cheese cake, it was fantastic. Santa came to see early, and brought us a sweet 1puppy , named Izzy!I We also got lots of great presents, like books, I got new cook books too, Super Mario Brothers for the wii which is just like the old game), clothes and more. December topped of an overall great year despite our ups and downs we have faced. Enjoy some photo's from this wonderful month!

Jess and I at Phantom

Our Christmas Decorations

Our Loot

The Christmas meal

Our First Family photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails